[Mristudio-users] Are calculated resluts influenced by the order of stored images in .REC?

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Mon Feb 8 08:41:30 EST 2010

Hi Wenshu,

In old days, Philips scanners were saving DTI data in slice-by-slice but I
thought the current REC files are gradient-by-gradient order. Anyway, it
seems that you can control the way images are saved in a REC file. Please
make sure that the locations of the b0 image (either the first or the second
from the last) is also correct.

Please read the images by Mri3DView first and make sure that the order of
the images is the same of your gradient table. If the images are read
correctly and the order matches to the gradient table, there is no reason
that you can't get the same quality of images.

Another possibility is the quality of your data. Please make sure that your
subject didn't move. If you acquired multiple REC files, you can create
subtracted images to quickly check the subject motion.

Susumu