[Mristudio-users] To Philips Users

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Fri Oct 2 15:55:43 EDT 2009

Here are important facts about Philips data;

1) You can control the number of b0 images (say 5 b0). However, no matter
how many b0 you take, you get only 1 b0 image in the file (they are already
averaged).
2) The final appended image is a calculated "isotropically
diffusion-weighted image" (I believe). I'm not sure exactly how it is
created. Maybe simply a sum of all DWIs. You don't use this image for tensor
calculation. As you mentioned, in DtiStudio, you remove it by using [100,
100, 100].
3) The order of b0, DWI, and the appended iso-DWI can be specified in the
console. In the past, the default order was b0 - DWIs - iso, but in newer
versions of operating system, you may get a file with DWIs-b0-iso order.

Hope it helps.

Susumu