[Mristudio-users] 3D volume of the whole brain

Judy James JJames2 at radiology.umsmed.edu
Tue Jul 28 14:20:56 EDT 2009

Thank you Susumu.
I downloaded the s/w and tried to load a mean DWI (Bo) image that is generated from DTIstudio. It did not work. In the VTK output, it is giving errors in reading the file. I tried saving the mean DW images in all the 3 formats mentioned: raw, analyze and NRD. But the DTI3DMRI was not able to take any. Also there was an error message that popped mentioning about the threshold being set high. 30 was the default, but I set it to '0'. But it still kept taking 30.

Could you please advise me the loading of the data into DTI3DMRI so that I can visualize the fibers on the brain volume in 3D format?

Thank you
Judy

Dr. Judy Rose James
MR Physicist/Assistant Professor
Department of Radiology
University of Mississippi Medical Centre
Jackson, MS
Ph: 601-984-2585
Pager: 601-929-2442
email: jjames2 at radiology.umsmed.edu
>>> susumu mori <susumu at mri.jhu.edu> 07/27/09 11:42 AM >>>
Hi Judy,

I believe DTI3DMRI is the program you want to try. You can find this program
in https://www.mristudio.org/wiki/installation.
This has basic functions for 3D rendering. For serious presentations, we use
Amira and DtiStudio can save data in Amira format for seamless
communication, but it costs $4,000.

Susumu