[Mristudio-users] LDDMM questions

Yi Jiang yj3 at duke.edu
Mon Jul 13 16:12:27 EDT 2009

Dear All,

I have two questions about LDDMM:

1. if I have a template image and a subject image and I want to register these two by LDDMM eventually, 1). should I use LDDMM to register these two directly or 2). should I use AIR linear to affine transform them first, and then LDDMM the updated subject image? In the 2nd case, I need to reorient tensors twice, once by the AIR transformation matrix and once by the LDDMM transformation matrix, right?

I am asking this question because for some other registration software I have used, it seems the elastic transformation works better after affine registering the images first.

Or maybe LDDMM covers rigid and affine transformation well already so we can do #1?

2. How does the nonlinear AIR compensate/compare with LDDMM? Can the nonlinear AIR transformation be applied to reorient tensors?

Thank you very much!

Best,

Yi