[Mristudio-users] Late Stage AIR?

Dylan Alegria dylan.alegria at gmail.com
Thu May 28 15:17:31 EDT 2009

Hi,
I'm still a novice with DTIStudio, and I've run into a concerning
issue during fiber-tracking.  We collected a 30 direction DTI sequence
with 2 repetitions on 25 subjects and have run it through DTI Studio
to do fiber tracking.  We did not initially register with AIR because
we believed that our subjects were reasonably aligned and we didn't
want to add artifacts from registration if we didn't have to.

While drawing ROIs for fiber tracking some differences in tilting are
obvious.  We are considering running AIR on the processed data to
remedy this problem.  This brings me to 3 questions.

1) Given that fiber tracking operates in a 3D space, how important is
it to have subjects in exactly the same alignment for drawing the seed
ROIs?
2) Is it possible to register the FA/Eigenvector/etc. images without
recalculating them, or going back and re-flagging bad slices?
3) Is it of vital importance to run AIR before doing the quality
checks for some other reason than having similarly aligned subjects?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you very much in advance!

Dylan

Dylan Alegria
CIBSR Imaging RA
Stanford University