[Mristudio-users] question about the data orientation

jinsong tang tangjinsonghn at yahoo.com.cn
Sun Apr 19 12:02:24 EDT 2009

Dear all,

As I know the raw data is saved in DICOM formate, they are in radiological orientation ((with left on the right) , is this right?

When we use DTIstudio and SPM to deal with the DTI data:
1, use DTIstudio to ctreate the FA map, they will be saved in the same orientation of the raw data because DTIstudio don't flip the data.
2, then normalize and smooth FA  and do indepent t-test using SPM2, spm2 will not flip the data too.
3 using xjview to view the result, now what's the  oreientation (radiological orientation  or  neurological orientation?)

Best,

Jinsong