[Mristudio-users] Extract values of the Fiber tract ROI

Javier Navas fjnavas2 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 06:32:31 EDT 2009

Thank you very much Mr. Susumu,

with ROI editor I can extract the pixel values in a txt file, that is what I
want, thank you.

But I have a problem. The FA mean value that results in DTI Studio is
different that the FA mean value that results in ROI editor, with the same
binary image, why occur this?.

For example, with the same mask of the genu of corpus callosum, I have the
same number of pixels (2835 pixels) but the FA statistics is different.

DTI studio:
      FA
        Max. of ImgVal:   0.9690
        Min. of ImgVal:   0.0591
       * Mean of ImgVal:   0.5385*
        Std. of ImgVal:   0.1689

ROI editor:
         Min:    0.06
         Max:    0.97
         *Mean:    0.45*
         Std:    0.17

Could you explain me why the FA mean values are different?
THANK YOU

Javier