[Mristudio-users] Scanner-specific gradients?

Igor Yakushev neuroscience at rambler.ru
Thu Mar 5 07:45:04 EST 2009

Dear Susumu,

Thanks again for your careful answer!
We have ascertained that the scan-specific (extracted from individual
DICOM headers) gradients were the right ones. I have one more practical
question:

Our individual gradients have values of 14-15 digits following zero,
e.g. -0.145791634917259.
To what decimal digit should/may one round these values? It's important
to know, as we're going to analyse large amount of data and, as i wrote,
we have to introduce a different gradient table for each individual
case. Of note, there is a rather small difference between the values,
please see an example of a gradient table in my previous mail and one
more below (rounded to 3 decimal digits):

 0: 0.000, 0.000, 0.000
 1: 0.696, -0.157, -0.701
 2: -0.718, -0.157, -0.678
 3: -0.014, 0.533, -0.846