[Mristudio-users] DTIstudio on Vista potential problem

Jonathan Farrell jonfarrell at jhu.edu
Mon Dec 8 22:09:47 EST 2008

Hi Susumu

Researchers who perform DTI on the Philips MRI system can use my
software to compute the correct gradient table for fiber tracking.  The
tables are fully compatible with DTIstudio and CATNAP.  Also, I have
heard of users adapting them for FSL.

A description of the software, together with Matlab files and the Java
applet can be found on my website.  As you know, the relationship
between the examination parameters (such as fat shift, foldover,
overplus, scanner software release...etc) and the directions in the
gradient table are not straightforward.

For single cases, the JAVA applet is quite useful.  For more efficient
processing, I would recommend the matlab files.  If you use the matlab
code, then my program requires the .par file and a few parameters that
are specified by the user at the command line.

http://godzilla.kennedykrieger.org/~jfarrell/software_web.htm#DTI_gradient_table_creator
http://godzilla.kennedykrieger.org/~jfarrell/OTHERphilips/GUI.html

I hope this helps.

Sincerely

- Jon

Jonathan Farrell

Ph.D. Candidate, Biophysics and Biophysical Chemistry
The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine

F.M. Kirby Research Center for Functional Brain Imaging
Kennedy Krieger Institute
Baltimore, MD 21218
(443) 923-9513