[Mristudio-users] DTIstudio on Vista potential problem

susumu susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Mon Dec 8 18:24:48 EST 2008

Hi Jim,

? Can I expect problems

   on any listed vendor for any specific MRI version

   on a XP laptop?  vista laptop?

> DtiStudio should be able to process all these data. Vista laptop should be
fine. The only issue could be memory. If you are using a 32-bit XP or Vista
and/or only 1GB memory, it happens frequently.

I have a vista laptop which I could use but not yet loaded,

   for any specific MRI version?

> No, XP and Vista use the same version of DtiStudio. There are 32 and
64-bit versions.

? Can anyone send me Philips gradient files

  (should be 6 direction) or are they in the rec files?

No the gradient orientation is not specified in the Philips REC/PAR file.
Jon Farrell has a nice web-based software to make a gradient table for
Philips scanner based on imaging parameters and the version of the operating
system. Jon, could you send us the URL of your software?

I am attempting to run without success an Indiana site study

0008,0020  Study Date: 20040625

0008,0070  Manufacturer: GE MEDICAL SYSTEMS

0008,103E  Series Description: dti scheme9

0018,1020  Software Versions(s): 09

without imbedded gradient vectors and using Bessar normalized gradients.

It loads but I get no FA map.

on a 3 yr old laptop and 2  2 yr old PCs installed in an MRI research room.

You need to get a correct gradient table because it is not always available
through data headers.

memory is OK,

Any graphics card  requirements?

No, DtiStudio is not graphics-heavy, but depending on the size of your data,
you need a decent amount of RAM.