[Mristudio-users] about effect of masking

susumu at mri.jhu.edu susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Fri Dec 5 19:57:29 EST 2008

Hi Jim,

When you do tensor calculation, you want to mask out the areas outside the brain. The easiest way is to use the threshold value to mask out the noise floor. This approach however leaves a lot of extra-brain tissues. RoiEditor (and many other programs) offers much more tools to define the brain as a binary map and remove other tissues using tools such as region growing and skull-strip tools. If you have any binary masking generated by another program you can load such a file through this function.

Susumu