[Mristudio-users] about effect of masking

Jim Li megjim1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 17:57:35 EST 2008

Hi all,

Can anybody give me a hint?

In the  DTIstudio software I clicked the "Tensor, Color map, etc" button in
the "Calculation" section of the "DtiMap" tab. Then, from the pop-out window
called "DTI-Map Options", I saw a choice called "Select a mask-image". Under
what situation should we use that choice? Should it be a default choice when
the brain has some lesions, given that the lesional area can be at about the
same level as the background noise level and thus can be easily wiped out
even if we choose a low background noise level from which to create a
mask-image?

Thanks a lot,

Jim