[Mristudio-users] ImgVal Calculation

Hui Jing Yu hui.jing.yu at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 13:56:14 EST 2008

Dear DTI Studio users,

I have a question regarding the ImgVal calculation under statistical profile
for fiber tracking.  I got very different mean FA values (differences
ranging from 0.04 to 0.1)  when I tried these two methods (keeping all
parameters consistent and same version of DTI):

1.       Load previously saved fiber track (binary) into DTI studio, click
on fiber statistics and I have  for Mean of ImgVal and Std. of ImgVal

2.       Using MATLAB, apply the same binary fiber track onto FA image
(analyze format), calculate mean/std values for all the pixels/voxels
belonging to this fiber track

How are these mean ImgVal calculated?  I assume it is just a mean values for
all the pixels/voxels that are contained in the fiber track of interest.

Thanks in advance for your help.

HJ