[Mristudio-users] viewing automated tract details from LDMM

susumu susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Thu Sep 18 18:40:09 EDT 2008

Hi Elizabeth,

Landmarker is a software program to normalize images to a template space. If
you are interested in normalizing tractography results, the only way is to
convert the tracking results (streamline information for each tract) to a
binary "images", in which pixels that contain the streamlines are 1 and all
the other pixels are 0.

The Landmarker has two image normalization tools. One is AIR that can do
linear and low-order non-linear transformation. For a high-order
transformation, you need to use LDDMM.

Either way, you first have to do AIR-based normalization as initialization.
This will not only bring the subject brain shape closer to the atlas, it
also makes the matrix and pixel dimensions identical to those of the atlas.
For example, if you choose our template (JHU or ICBM), they are 181x217x181
(1x1x1mm). Then the images are ready for LDDMM. If LDDMM sees the dimensions
of the atlas and the subject data are different, it won't run.

Hope this will help. We are currently working on more detailed documents
about how to use LDDMM.

Susumu