[Mristudio-users] Question about format - Siemens DCM

Christine Vidal cvidal at usc.edu
Mon Aug 18 17:11:13 EDT 2008

Dear All,

I am having some problems opening my DTI data in DTIStudio.
I work on a Siemens scanner that has the TIM system. The output from the scanner are dicom files that each contains one volume (1 volume /direction). As an example, if I acquire data with an angular resolution of 64, I will get 65 dicom volumes (1 more for b0 volume).
It looks like all the examples shown in DTIStudio are examples using dicom that contain 1 slice of brain only.

When I open my dicom volumes in DTI studio, the 3D shows the 2D cuts in a panel.

Has anyone had the same problem? Any idea on what to do?

Thanks
Christine

Christine N. Vidal, Ph.D.
University of Southern California
Postdoctoral Fellow at the Brain and Creativity Institute
Dana and David Dornsife Cognitive Neuroscience Imaging Center
3520A McClintock Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90089
Phone: (213)-821-4263
Fax: (213) 821-4270