[Mristudio-users] DTIStudio can read Analyze files ?...

Gonzalo Rojas grojasy at puc.cl
Mon Jul 21 21:55:03 EDT 2008

susumu escribió:
> Hi Gonzalo,
>
> DtiStudio can read and write the Analyze format, except for raw DWIs for
> tensor calculation using "DtiMapping".

Hi Susumu:

   Ok... Thanks you very much for your answer... Yes... I am asking
about read analyze files in DtiMapping only... I know that DtiStudio can
read and write Analyze in other parts of the software (for example,
DtiStudio could write Color-FA in Analyze)...

> For the tensor calculation, we need
> to import 4D data (3D DWIs x b-table). I'm not sure if the Analyze format
> can handle 4D. Unless we use 4D data, we have to specify, say, 30 DWI files
> for a 30-orientation study, which is not what we want to do usually.

Yes... Analyze can handle 4D files... for example, in one Analyze file
it could be included the 30 directions 3-D volumes...

> If the Analyze format can deal with 4D data and users want to use it, we are
> happy to incorporate it to DtiStudio.

I think that it could be a good idea to add DtiStudio the option to read
Analyze files for the tensor calculation because it is a widely used
format in different medical software...

Other question: sometime ago you mention a beta version of the newest
3.0 version of DtiStudio... I am very interested if I could be a beta
tester of that sofware... Could you please tell me ?...

Sincerely,

> Please let us know.
>
> Susumu

Gonzalo Rojas Costa
Laboratory of Medical Image Processing
Department of Neuroradiology
Institute of Neurosurgery Dr. Asenjo
Jose Manuel Infante  553, Providencia, Santiago, Chile.
Tel/Fax: 56-2-5754653
Cel: 56-9-97771785
www.neurorradiologia.cl