[Mristudio-users] left-right flipping

llanyon llanyon at eyecarecentre.org
Mon Jun 23 14:32:57 EDT 2008

Hi everyone

We are looking at the arcuate fasciculus (AF) with DTI Studio (version 2.40). Just about all the published literature says that the AF is larger in the left hemisphere than the right. However, we are seeing the reverse pattern, and are concerned about a possible flip of the data in the x direction. We have acquired our data on a 3T Philips Achieva Scanner. I have check L-R laterality using lesion patient data and there does not seem to be a flip, but I wondered whether anyone else has had any issues like this?

Thanks
Linda Lanyon

Linda Lanyon
Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Michael Smith Foundation for Health Research
University of British Columbia
Human Vision & Eye Movement Laboratory
Vancouver General Hospital Eye Care Centre
3rd Floor Research Labs - Rm 365
2550 Willow St, Vancouver, B.C., Canada
Phone: +1-604-875-4111 x 69003
Fax: +1 604-875-4663
email: llanyon at eyecarecentre.org
web: http://www.neuroophthalmology.ca/UBCNeuroOp/JBarton/labstaff/Linda.htm
Director, Society for Canadian Women in Science and Technology: www.scwist.ca

The content of this e-mail, including any files attached, is confidential and may be privileged. Any unauthorized copying or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete this e-mail.