[Mristudio-users] Fiber Tracking Saving Data Question

susumu susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Wed May 21 12:53:39 EDT 2008

Hi Jason,

It seems that you had a common problem of Radiology-Neurology display
difference, which becomes an issue when you mix raw and Analyze formats.

As you can see, the axial image of "reloaded" is inverted. This happens when
you try to read images in the Neurology convention (left is left) to
DtiStudio that follows the Radiology convention (left is right). As long as
you stay with "raw" format within DtiStudio, this problem should not happen.
However, if you try to load and save Analyze format, it may happen because
the Analyze default is the Neurology convention. If you save image data by
the Analyze format through DtiStudio, make sure to reload the image (not the
fiber), by Analyze format so that DtiStudio knows what is happening and
correct it to Radiology. The fiber information in *.dat is always the
Radiology convention.

So, first thing you have to do is to figure out the way to load your image
upright in axial slice.

Susumu

  _____