[Mristudio-users] Error while processing DTI Mapping

susumu susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Thu Apr 3 09:41:14 EDT 2008

Hi Budha,

It is most likely memory shortage. To check if it is really a memory
problem, please try "partial" processing. After you choose "DtiMapping" and
a data format, you get an window to input image dimensions, b-table, and
data file names. In this window, you can find "Slices to be processed". For
example, if you have 50-slice images, you can process slice # 0 - 24, for
the first batch and slice # 25-49 for the second batch. In this way, you can
reduce the data size. If this approach works, it is a memory problem.

If you get a memory problem, you can do one of following things;

1) Of course, increase RAM. You can see improvement up to 2 GB of RAM,
usually.
2) 64-bit Windows XP is really the solution because 32-bit Windows can
allocate only up to 1-1.5GB of RAM to a single task.
3) Use the slice-divided tensor calculation and save calculated images such
as FA, ADC, tensor. For example, you can get FA0-24 and FA25-49. Then you
can load them into one window and save together to get FA0-49.

Please let me know if it is really a memory issue.