[Mristudio-users] Roi extraction from template and back projection in native space

Susumu Mori smoriw at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 23:59:34 EST 2015

The image transformation by LDDMM is reversible. So, A->B and B->A are
determined simultaneously and generate two transformation, Ki and H maps
for both ways.

If you choose an atlas as a template and transform a patient data to it,
patient->atlas is Ki map and atlas->patient is H map.

If you define one ROI by yourself in image A, then you can apply this ROI
to B. There are several important points;

> For the transformation, you want to use "nearest neighbor". Your ROI is
1/0 masking. So, after the transformation, you still want 1/0 masking file
without any interpolated values like 0.5.

> If you define your ROI in only one slice, your ROI may disappear after
the nearest neighbor transformation because the voxels with "1" is
surrounded by a overwhelming number of surronding "0". So, you need to
define your ROI in at least 3 slices.