[Mristudio-users] Format of kimap.vtk & Question regarding Jacobian calculation using Diffeomap

Virendra Mishra virendra.r.mishra at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 11:48:18 EDT 2014

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding computing Jacobian using "J" function of
Diffeomap. I registered a smaller volume data to a bigger volume data using
LDDMM and used "J" function to compute Jacobian of this transformation. I
used Kimap,vtk as input file and got the Jacobain values. Instead of giving
a positive Jacobian number, the Jacobian_Kimap,dat gave me negative
Jacobian values, This seems counter-intuitive.

I would appreciate if somebody can guide me if I am doing something wrong
or what is the correct way to compute this Jacobian using LDDMM.

Also, I was just wondering if somebody can explain me the format of
kimap.vtk that is obtained from LDDMM.

Thanks,

Regards,

Virendra