[Mristudio-users] masking

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Thu Apr 4 17:33:52 EDT 2013

Hi Ned,

The simplest masking you can use is the intensity threshold.
When you click "tensor" calculation, there is a section to define an
intensity threshold. This should suppress most of the background noise
floor.

More sophisticated method is to apply for skull-strip.
You can do this at the tensor calculation by loading a masking file, again,
within the tensor calculation window.
The brain mask file should contain 1/0 information.

Or, you can skull-strip after tensor calculation.

For the skull-strip, you can use any software out there. We use our own
skull-strip function in RoiEditor.
You can load FA, trace, and other images with b0 or iDWI (the sum of all
DWIs you can calculate in DtiStudi).

You can use b0 or iDWI for skull stripping and the resultant masking is
applied to all loaded images.

Hope this will help.

Susumu