[Mristudio-users] 1.5 Tesla versus 3 Tesla

Ardalan Vossoughi clearmindpmdoc at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 1 23:07:09 EST 2013

Dear Dr Mori, MRI-studio professors and researchers
I would like to thank you in advance for this great learning opportunity;
I have a question that is more theoretical and need your opinion on this if possible: there
 are some papers indicating that there could be significant differences in DWI findings based on the scanner Tesla power; and apparently 3 Tesla is more sensitive than 1.5 Tesla; I would like to know
a. Is it a general rule: can we also conclude that higher Tesla scanners would possibly help more or not necessarily? what are the implications of such differences in terms of possible DTI analysis (if any at all) ;Is there any limitations or considerations that should be taken for lower versus higher Tesla imaging while analyzing the data?

Sincerely

AV

Sent from Windows Mail