[Mristudio-users] philips rec-par gradient table

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Mon Feb 25 10:26:09 EST 2013

As Ming-Ru said, you need to rearrange your table.
I assume that you are using a user-defined gradient table.
Even if you specified in your gradient table that the first image would be
[0, 0, 0], Philips scanner has two options to store the data; 1) b0 in the
beginning or 2) b0 in the second from the last.

In Philips scanner, the last image is always a calculated
diffusion-weighted image, which should be discarded for tensor calculation.
If you don't see that the b0 is not the first image in the file, you chose
the second option.

If your original gradient table was;

0: 0, 0, 0
1: 1, 0, 0
30: 0, 0, 1

There are two possibilities;

If the b0 is the first image;
0: 0, 0, 0
1: 1, 0, 0
30: 0, 0, 1
31: 100, 100, 100

Note that I added one extra raw, which send DtiStudio a message that 32nd
image has to be discarded.

If the b0 is not the first image;

0: 1, 0, 0
29: 0, 0, 1