[Mristudio-users] DTI

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Sat Feb 16 08:10:58 EST 2013

If you are using Philips Extended DICOM, you can use the function to
extract the table from the header.
If you are using conventional DICOM, you need to know which table was
specified when the data were acquired.
There are 12 types of tables typically used in Philips scanners;

[6, 15, or 32 orientations (called Low, Medium, and High)] x [Gradient
Overplus Option ON/OFF] x [b0 image stored at the beginning or at the end]

After you successfully load the DICOM image, you can see the number of
images. For example, if you used the "Medium", there should be 15
diffusion-weighted images, b0 image, and one calculated image (this will
not be used), total 17 images. Likewise, the "High" option would generate
34 images.

By looking at these 17 or 34 images, you can find if the b0 images are
stored in the beginning or end.

The only freedom left is Overplus On or OFF. I strongly recommend to use
"OFF". You can check both tables to find which is the right one.
Not all these 12 tables are pre-installed, but most of the commonly used
ones are there.

Let me know if you couldn't figure out the table.

Susumu