[Mristudio-users] question about segmentation of CST

Deepa Krishnaswamy deepa.krishnaswamy1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 19:09:18 EST 2013

Hi,
Yes I do understand that you would expect a lot less fibers. I am trying to
recreate a similar looking CST as is shown in the paper 'Atlas-guided tract
reconstruction for automated and comprehensive examination of the white
matter anatomy.' I have been using the sample Siemens DICOM dataset, FA of
0.2 and an angle constraint of 40 degrees, as these were values given in
the paper. This does not yield many fibers at all; in fact most do not
reach the motor cortex. I've tried experimenting with the FA threshold and
the angle constraint, but this does not seem to yield any better fibers. Is
there anything else I can modify to yield more CST fibers? The only other
issue I have thought of is that the flipping of the eigenvectors was
incorrect, but I am pretty sure that there must be a Y and Z flip.
Thanks,

Deepa