[Mristudio-users] .dat file output

Niccolo Fiorentino niccolo at virginia.edu
Tue Feb 5 18:32:16 EST 2013

Hi,

I'm a DTI-Studio beginner analyzing my first data set, and I'm a little
confused about the .dat file output.  I'd like to do some post-processing
in Matlab, and I've successfully read in the the .dat file.  However, the
data are stored in a vector 4x the size of the image.  (For example, one
image is 128x128 and the vector for Dxx is 4x128x128 in length and the
vector for EigVal is 4x128x128x3).  No matter how I try to parse the
vector, I can't seem to replicate the images (grayscale or RGB) that I see
in DTI-Studio.

If someone could describe for me how the data are organized in the .dat
files, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,
nic.