[Mristudio-users] A few questions about LDDMM transformations

Peterson, Daniel petersond at kennedykrieger.org
Thu Apr 5 14:55:55 EDT 2012

Hi All,

   I've got a couple of questions:

1) What kind of re-orientation strategy does DTI Studio use when reorienting tensors for an LDDMM transformation of tensor data. Is there a reference available somewhere? As I understand, this is a non-trivial problem.

2) What do the experts here feel about the feasibility of fiber-tracking in atlas-space? I know that this is traditionally considered undesireable, but do people think that perhaps with these more advanced methods, standard-space tractography could be feasable?

3) Are there any command-line tools available for working with LDDMM transformations in a scriptable, automated manner? It would help our productivity immensely if we could apply Hmaps and Kimaps from the command-line, without clicking on buttons. Being able to combine transformation matrices programmatically would be great as well.

Thanks so much,
-Dan

Disclaimer:
The materials in this e-mail are private and may contain Protected Health Information. Please note that e-mail is not necessarily confidential or secure. Your use of e-mail constitutes your acknowledgment of these confidentiality and security limitations. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender via telephone or return e-mail.