[Mristudio-users] Normalize DTI studies from different scanners

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Sat Feb 4 17:13:19 EST 2012

I think cross-scanner normalization is a very tricky issue. It is always
related to your effect size. If you are following a stroke patients and
Warrarian degeneration causes 50% FA change, then you can just scan a
couple of subjects in both scanners and show the maximum difference could
be only within 10%. I think this is a valid logic. However, if you can't do
a comparison study like this (e.g. one of the scanners is out of
commission) and you are going after 5% effect size, then you have a very
tough case, especially for publication.