[Mristudio-users] DiffeoMap - Returning Image to the native subject space after LDDMM

Bill Quinn billquinndme at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 23 07:47:56 EST 2011

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of help in using diffeomap as I seem to be doing something wrong in converting the Talairach_SS_WMPM to the native subject space. When I apply the Hmap from the LDDMM analysis to the WMPM the WMPM is converted perfectly. When I then apply the inverted AIR file I am running into a problem. The file does not seem to convert it correctly.

I have searched through the forum and applied the approach suggested in a couple of posts but I am still having the same issue. If anyone has experience of this and could help me out it would be much appreciated.

The atlas is 192*192*136 while my data is 256*256*55. When I apply the Inverted air file the WMPM gets converted but seems to remain in the original dimensions. For example, there are originally 136 slices and the air_inverted file also has 136 slices but an image occurs in only 55 of them. The image is also compressed to the bottom right of the frame.

Procedure
·         Load Template
o   Talairach b0
·         Load Sample
o   b0
o   FA
·         Run AIR LINEAR
o   Ensure both b0 images active
o   Affine/Trilinear
o   Save .air file
o   Save converted files
·         Run air invert_air_file
o   Choose saved air file
·         Close Diffeomap

·         Open Template in Diffeomap
o   Open FA image as subject (2nd time use WMPM of Talairach)
o   Select Load Transformation Matrix
o   Choose inverted file air
o   Choose Trilinear or Nearest Neighbour

 If required I can send  the results I have gotten from the process.
Thank you in advance,

Bill