[Mristudio-users] AIR image dimensions/ Talairach WMPM/Eigen vector flipping/ROI Error

Bill Quinn billquinndme at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 13 10:32:47 EST 2011

Hi mri-studio users and programmers,

First of all, thank you for well written program and also your fantastic
follow up service. If possible I would like to ask a couple of questions
just to clarify some questions that I have about the basic workings.

1. In Diffeomap I perform Air Linear Registration in order to align my
data with that of the Template (in my case I use the Talairach atlas).
My images are 256*256*55 and I normalise it with the template of
dimensions 192*192*136. How much does the difference in image size
affect the accuracy and reliability of the subsequent analysis.
	* As an additional to ensure the best LDDMM result, is the contrast
of the two images the most important in setting up the images before
entering the LDDMM screen?

2. When I load the Talairach WMPM from diffeomap as an ROI the regions
of interest are loaded as object 1,2 etc. Is it possible to get the name
 of each region of interest? When I perform the intensity measurements
using the WMPM I get the a table listing a the same amount of parts as
the objects i.e. in the case of Talairach 170. I then use the following
paper to find what the abbreviations stand for:

Oishi et al,Atlas-based whole brain white matter analysis using large deformation diffeomorphic metric mapping: Application to
normal elderly and Alzheimer’s disease participants
euroimage 2009 June ; 46(2): 486–499. (Appendix A part 4)

Is this the correct approach? Or is it the that the regions of interest
in the ROI objects box contain these parts as can be seen when I choose
the button under Atlas: WMPM of division of defined ROIs

3. When I load or create the tensor image file (.d file) in DIffeoMap I
am asked if I want to flip the eigenvectors. If I save the file as
eigenvectors being flipped when I created the file do I also have to
flip them again while opening the file afterwards or do I assume they
are now in the correct direction?

4. Finally, when I create an ROI in either DTIStudio or ROI editor I
save it as a binary map. When I then try to reload it in the fibre
tracking section I am informed that the"Image parameters in this
file are not consistent with with current ones, continue?" When I
select yes the ROI loads in the expected position. Is it a normal
occurance to get an error even though I created the ROI in the same image during the
same DTIStudio session?

 If any of these questions have already been answered, please just point
me to the appropiate link.

Thank you for you time,

Best Regards,

William Quinn