[Mristudio-users] Issues with manual ROI drawing in the sagittal view

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Mon Oct 24 14:27:07 EDT 2011

Michael,

In my understanding, the reason of you experience is due to interpolation.
When you draw an ROI, the ROI line is drawn based on the pixel resolution of
the display. When you confirm it as an ROI in your image, this
high-resolution ROI definition has to be converted to the low-resolution
image pixels. You won't feel this when you are working on axial slices
because the axial [X, Y] resolutions are high. However, if you draw ROIs in
sagittal or coronal, the Z orientation typically has much lower resolution.
When RoiEditor picks nearest pixel based on your high-res ROI drawing, you
notice the jump. This is something we can't fix.

Susumu