[Mristudio-users] About loaded ROI into my Anatomy Image

Chase Figley cfigley at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 15:11:04 EDT 2011

Hi Parastoo,

I *have* run DTIstudio on a virtual machine before, but I used Parallels
instead of VMware, so I am not familiar with the exact nuances of VMware.
However, what I can tell you is that while DTIstudio *will *run on a virtual
machine, it is less than ideal if you're going to be doing "a whole lot of
data analysis".  In the best case, it will probably be very slow, and in the
worst case, you may simply run out of memory (depending on how much RAM you
had to begin with, and how much you have chosen to allocate to VMware).

Anyway, if you are using a newer Mac with an Intel chip, you should probably
just install and run DTIstudio through a Bootcamp partition.  This is what I
finally settled on, and it works extremely well :)

Hope that helps,

Chase

--
Chase Figley, PhD