[Mristudio-users] switching between images of different voxel sizes

Andreas Buchmann buchmann2 at wisc.edu
Fri Jul 15 19:35:45 EDT 2011

Dear MRI-Studio experts,

I'm using DTI Studio version 3.0.2.

When I open images with a certain voxel size and later swap to images with a
different voxel size, DTI Studio still uses the old voxel size.

For example, analyze images correctly shown in 0.86mm in-plane resolution
were saved as 1x1mm voxels in rec format (but with correct slice thickness,
which changed too), so the images were blurred in xy-plane.

Earlier, I observed a similar problem with defining image parameters in the
'DTI mapping' tab: for example, the program switched some parameters
automatically to the new image type, leaving others according to the old
images, which lead to inconsistencies (for example, 39 slices, but the slice
number went from 0 to 54).

I solved the problem by reading in the new image type several times. Is
there a less cumbersome procedure?

Many thanks

Andreas