[Mristudio-users] Question about automatic bad slice rejection

Weihong Yuan Weihong.Yuan at cchmc.org
Tue May 17 22:35:07 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I have some questions regarding the automatic bad slice detection/rejection step.

1. When I select  the option for Automatic Image_Slice rejection, what is the definition of the relative_error? Is it some form of difference between the slice and the Theory Image? Can you give me the definition, please? The default is set to 3%. Is there anything we need to be careful about when selecting this number?

2. Is there a way to "read out" the flag file generated after the automatic bad slice rejection? I am trying to compare the DTI studio method and another software. If would be great if the flag file can be turned in to a text file or a spreadsheet so I can have a list with the volume number and slide number for all the rejected slices.

Thanks
Weihong

Weihong Yuan, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor
Pediatric Neuroimaging Research Consortium
Imaging Research Center, Dept. of Radiology
Children's Hospital Research Foundation
3333  Burnet Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45229
Phone: 513-636-2862