[Mristudio-users] Loading in ROI images into DTIStudio to view the fiber

Ying Cheng ycheng30 at jhmi.edu
Mon May 16 11:08:48 EDT 2011

Hello DTIStudio users,

I am a PhD student currently working on a DTI visualization course project. The data I have are FA images and corresponding principle eigenvector images, as well as a T1-MR images. They are all raw file. I did the tractography based on these two files using DTIStudio, and then I want to visualize the fibers that passing through a certain ROI. I know this can be accomplished by manually drawing the ROI, however I have several ROI images as the mask (which have the same dimension, data format with the FA images), and these mask images are binary in which pixel inside the ROI are 1 and 0 elsewhere. When I load into a ROI image under the Fiber panel, ROI operation -> load -> binary image, it pops out a window saying 'image parameters in this file are not consistent with the current ones'. And I clicked on 'yes' to continue, but there was no fibers shown corresponding to this ROI. So is it because DTIStudio has its own definition of ROI images? Do I need to change my ROI mask ima
ge format/header format then?

Thanks!!

Best,

Ying Cheng