[Mristudio-users] gradient for GE Signa HDx

Kevin Spitler kevinspitler at ucla.edu
Sun Apr 24 16:43:50 EDT 2011

Thank you Dr. Makki.  The datasets load in DTIStudio now with a good
color map 0.

I have a problem with tractography, when I attempt to do pathways
thattravel in the rostral-caudal plane.  For example, in attempts of
the
Inferior longitudinal fasciculus and the anterior thalamic radiation,
using the Wakana et al., 2007 methods, the resultant tractography only
travels in the Superior-Inferior plane, and these tracts have
signifcant rostro-caudal projection.  Would this hint at a specific
problem in the way I load of the data?  (images of the tractography
are too large to send to the group)

I am using the gradient from Dr. Makki with format modification with
gradient line number and a colon:
0: 0,0,0
1: 1.000000 0.000000 0.000000
2: 0.726000 0.688000 0.000000
3: 0.167000 -0.199000 0.966000
4: 0.732000 -0.619000 -0.284000
5: -0.239000 -0.710000 0.662000
6: -0.759000 -0.223000 0.612000
7:  0.544000 0.480000 0.688000
8:  0.079000 0.997000 -0.005000
9:  0.773000 -0.183000 0.608000
10: 0.485000 -0.782000 0.392000
11: 0.081000 -0.788000 -0.611000
12: 0.363000 -0.245000 -0.899000

For Fiber Tracing, I click the "X-component" on the Flip Eigen Vector.

I typically analyze data from a Siemens machine, so I am having
trouble with this data and appreciate your help.

Best,
Kevin