[Mristudio-users] Saving of ROIs in DTI studio

Hangyi Jiang hjiang at jhmi.edu
Thu Feb 10 09:38:34 EST 2011

hi,

seems that this question brings a discussion in this community,   I'd copy my reply to Petya here:

---
hi, Petya,

you can save them as "Binary Map", in this way, you will get two ROI-image files (.dat) and one plain-text file (.map).  the 1st_ROI file is the ROI with "OR" operation, the 2nd is the one with "AND" operation.  the ROI-image can be loaded in using "File->MriView3D" command -> file format = RAW; data type = Byte"...;   the ROI area is marked with non-zero value (you may need right clicking on 2D image area -> Image level ->..",  adjusting the image level to make ROI be visible.

when you draw ROIs for fiber selection,  the ROIs may disappear if the ROIs has no overlapped region when "AND" operation is being used, only the selected fibers are shown (if there are any).  Why?  because it is designed for "Fiber Selection", not ROI-Displaying  ;)

-------

in some cases, it would be helpful if individual ROIs are shown with selected fibers.   thank you all for this valuable comments.   we will consider this in the updated version.

regards,

hangyi