[Mristudio-users] more DiffeoMap questions

Varin Tsai varintsai at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 14:03:53 EST 2011

Hi,

I have a question on file conversion and Siemens Mosaic files.  I
recently received a patient for processing whos files came in Siemens
Mosaic.  After having ran through such protocols as DCM2NII.gui, I had a
30 direction set of files that, when run through Diffusion
Toolkit/Trackvis, yielded me a 6x6 matrix view of the transaxial cuts of
the brain.  I ran this through DTI studios because of its actual Siemens
Mosaic protocol and was able to (with the right gradient table) create a
semi-usable FA map.  The problem is that while DTI studios gave me a
representation of the brain, the coronal and sagittal views are
upside-down and inverted.  I'd like to know if anybody had thoughts on
reorienting those views of the brain.

I had tried going through Vinci 2.54.0 to use Magic Tool (for those not
acquainted, Magic Tool allows you to tilt and rotate images how you
please in order for them to fit your needs), however if I try to rotate
the sagittal cut, the rest of the cuts are affected such that the
transaxial cut will be flipped - they are, as expected, linked.

If anyone could provide any insight on either using DTI studios to
correctly convert the Siemens Mosaic files into usable directions for
tractography purposes (either in DTI studios or Diffusion
Toolkit/Trackvis), I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thanks!

Varin Tsai