[Mristudio-users] Adjusting Gradients for Oblique Angles

Jeff Sadino jsadino.queens at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 18:09:38 EST 2010

Hello,

Thank you for the DTI training session in Turtle Bay last week.  It was very
helpful for us!

I am wondering how to manually adjust the gradients for an oblique angle.  I
am using Siemens 3T Trio Tim VB17.

My default gradient (for one direction) is:
0.861, -0.366, 0.354

After clicking "Rotate gradients if applicable" in DTIStudio 3.0.2
(March2010), the gradient is:
0.861, -0.489, 0.142

I couldn't find exactly which tag in the DICOM header contains the rotation
information.  The closest I could find is "ImageOrientationPatient".  The
value for this is:
[ 1 0 0 0 .8846 -.4664]

How do I go from the default gradient to the rotated gradient?  Also, can I
use this same method on the VB13 and VA25 software?

Thank you very much for your help!
Jeff Sadino