[Mristudio-users] saving fibers - flipping?

Miguel Burgaleta miguel.burgaleta at uam.es
Fri Nov 19 05:16:04 EST 2010

Hi Susumu,

Not sure if that solves my problem... Also, Hangyi's answer was:

> please beware that the Analyze file is in Format 7.5.  it is left-
> handed  system.
> if you loaded it as Nifti-Analyze,  the program may loaded as Nifti
> format, which is right-hand system.

Let me give you more info.

I processed my DWI in FSL for motion and eddy currents correction.
Saved the images as 4D with .img extension, and opened them in
DTIStudio as REC (the only option that worked out... when trying to
open as Analyze, it complained about the header. None of the other
format options worked). Did the fiber tracking and saved the fiber as
Analyze.

Please see attached a capture of a small bundle (but strategically
located in the brain to track potential rotations) as it was
reproduced in DTIStudio, and then opened with fslview. First, in
DTIStudio, right seems to be right. Second, it looks like, when
importing into FSL, the fiber is flipped along the AP and SI axes, and
perhaps LR as well...

This looks like a real mess...Any suggestions? Perhaps start from the
scratch?? ;)
Thanks,
Miguel