[Mristudio-users] Is DTIStudio based on DICOM patient coordinate system or image coordinate system?

Hangyi Jiang hjiang at jhmi.edu
Mon Oct 25 11:02:42 EDT 2010

hi,

the gradients are defined on image coordinate system.   (x,y,z) is corresponding to (column, row, slice) of the image volume. if the (x,y,z) system is consistent with the patient-coordinate (e.g. LPS,  axial slicing), you may direcly apply the gradient vectors into the program. otherwise, you may need to adjust the given-vectors before the tensor calculation.

regards,

hangyi