[Mristudio-users] problems with gradients

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Wed Oct 20 22:19:41 EDT 2010

Hi Jill,

I'm second to SC. When you are using Philips, even if you thought that you
are using exactly the same parameters, you could end up in two different
types of the gradient tables; overplus on and off. This is not recorded in
the beginning of PAR file.

So my suggestion is, try the "overplus on" option of the table calculator.
Also, if you find that you used "overplus on", you have to type in the
oblique angle information in the calculator. The angle information is in the
PAR file.

The reason you didn't get the tractography right is most likely due to "+/-"
signs of the gradient table you used. You can test "x/y/z flip" function of
the tractography to test it. The best way is to use the gradient calculator,
which should be able to sort out all the issues.

Susumu