[Mristudio-users] corpus callosum morphometry

Shmuel Miron Dr Shmuel.Miron at sheba.health.gov.il
Sun Oct 3 07:49:30 EDT 2010

Dear Dr Ihssan

I am interested in the same questions in MS patients.

To obtain the midline image we first perform a sagittal 3D FSPGR
anatomical MRsequence (high resolution-voxel size 1x1x1mm)

Now you have 2 possibilities

1.	use an axial localizer during EPI acquisition to obtain axial
images and the localizer passes through the inferior border of the
splenium and rostrum of the corpus callosum. Then, DTI studio recreates
the Sagittal view that can be used for further analysis.
2.	use a sagittal localizer as in the attached image to obtain
sagital EPI axquisition  that will give you a good resolution

of the CC that will work in DTI studio

Do you have a suggestion on how to perform a subregion analysis on DTI
studio ?

Dr. Samuel Miron

Multiple Sclerosis Center