[Mristudio-users] problems with tensor calc

Zwicker, Jill JZwicker at cw.bc.ca
Wed Sep 1 13:46:28 EDT 2010

Hi DTI Studio users,
I am relatively new to DTI studio and have been using successfully to do tractography on infant brain data collected on a Seimens. I am now trying to analyze child brain data collected on a Philips. I can get a clear image, but as soon as I try a tensor calculation, the image quality degrades significantly (no matter what the background noise level I set it to). I made gradient tables from the PAR file (forwards and backwards) and also flipped the z as the tutorial suggests. Any suggestions on how I can solve this problem?
Thanks for your help.

Jill Zwicker, PhD, OT(C)
Postdoctoral Fellow
Child & Family Research Institute
Developmental Neurosciences & Child Health
L408 - 4480 Oak Street
Vancouver, BC  V6H 3V4
Phone: 604-875-2000 ext 6805
Fax: 604-875-3569