[Mristudio-users] b-matrix from dicom header and from techs

Rajagopalan, Venkateswaran rajagov2 at ccf.org
Mon Jul 19 17:03:30 EDT 2010

Dear Dr.Mori,

Sorry to digress little bit but something releveant on the same topic.

1) What is the DICOM header tag for gradient table information, I have Siemens versions from 2004  (VA 25A)and came to know that after 2006 they have CSA header info from where you can extract information regarding Diffusion data. So for versions of 2004 and older where can i find gradient table information.

2) When i use dcm2nii to extract gradient table information for these older software versions it is mentioned by Chris Rorden that he appropriately rotates these gradient tables to conform to NIFTI format (since dicom and NIFTI coordinates are different).  I am using FSL for eddy/motion correction and also to rotate bvec after eddy/motion correction. I however convert NIFTI to Analyze format and then to dti "raw" format and do tensor calculation so i am wondering whether this "raw"format has same coordinates as NIFTI.

3) Do you have  an option in DTIstudio to open NIFTI files.

4) Last one When i try to run DTIstudio-latest-x86.exe it gives me the following error "This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem". Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Venkateswaran