[Mristudio-users] crash when saving ROI's

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Fri Jul 16 21:12:14 EDT 2010

Hi all,

Thanks SC to follow the question. I just want to add several points;

1) We are looking into the way RoiEditor draws ROI and hope we can improve
the interface.
2) Please note that one of the reason of jagged ROIs in RoiEditor is due to
pixel resolution. The ROIs are drawn based on monitor resolution, which is
very high and you can draw smooth ROIs. However, when the drawn ROIs are
translated into actual ROIs in the images, they have to be converted to
image pixel-dimension. This could be one of the reasons why the final ROIs
do not look as good.
3) If you have two images, such as anatomical T1/T2 and DTI, which are not
co-registered and you want to register them, you can try DiffeoMap. There
are two approaches. For animal studies in which you can assume that the head
position is stable, you can register them theoretically based on scan
parameters such as the locations and sizes of FOV. DiffeoMap has functions
to resize and relocate FOV and matrix. If you can't use this approach for
some reason, you can use the AIR/MUT options.
4) DtiStudio also has image registration functions, but they are for
intra-DTI image registration. If you want cross-modality (e.g. T1 vs DTI)
registration, you need to use DiffeoMap.
5) MUT tends to be more accurate and less sensitive to parameters. However,
it takes much longer time. Typical 30-orientation DTI may take overnight. If
you are using it for cross-modality registration just for 1 image, you
should get results within 30 min or so.