[Mristudio-users] b-matrix from dicom header and from techs

Jeff Sadino jsadino.queens at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 22:51:27 EDT 2010

Hi Venkat,

We had the same question on our Siemens VA25A DTIs.  The Siemen's tech
support recommended a program called MRIConvert (
http://lcni.uoregon.edu/~jolinda/MRIConvert/) to extract the gradients.  I
don't have our tables in front of me, but the .8, 0, and .4 values seem
pretty close to what I remember.  Siemens said that they suspected the 1, 0,
.5 values were in the scanner direction and the .8, 0, .4 values were in the
patient direction, since I think Siemens automatically adjusts for that.
Just be careful when using the MRIConvert program to extract gradients,
since it flips the y sign for FSL purposes.

Cheers,
Jeff

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Rajagopalan, Venkateswaran <rajagov2 at ccf.org