[Mristudio-users] How to combine DTI data from different runs

Darren Gitelman d-gitelman at northwestern.edu
Sun Feb 28 19:54:36 EST 2010

Hello:

Is there a way to combine data across several repeats of a DTI sequence?

The reason I ask is that we have a Siemens Trio scanner but are
working with another group that has a GE scanner. On the GE scanner
the DTI sequence allows NEX > 1 (they are getting 4), which appears to
improve their SNR considerably. The Siemens sequences do not allow
this, so we are repeating the DTI sequence several times, and want to
combine the data across runs. Can this be done within DTIstudio or
some other program? Would it be best to do this at the level of the
DTI images or the FA maps?

Thanks,
Darren