[Mristudio-users] Track ACC connexions

susumu mori susumu at mri.jhu.edu
Thu Jan 14 19:25:41 EST 2010

In general, there are two approaches;

1) You have a region of interest (in your case, the cingular cortex) and you
don't have a priori knowledge (or assumption) about which tract is the one
you are interested. So, you will use tractography to identify it. In this
case, you'd better define the entire ROI (the cingular cortex) and identify
the tract of your interest after tractography. Here you need 3D ROI, for
which RoiEditor could be easier to use.

2) You use existing knowledge. For example, in your case, the cingulum
bundle is the best candidate that is known to be associated with the
cingular cortex. Then, your question is now how to reconstruct the cingulum,
which can be found in one of our tractography protocol papers (Wakana et al,
NeuroImage).

Susumu